This simple low carb broccoli cheese soup is the least demanding recipe you’ll come across. It’s additionally without gluten, and can be vegetarian by substituting the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
Tips For The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup
If you are getting clumps while melting the cheese, read these tips to prevent the clumping!
- The temperature shouldn’t be too hot. The warmth ought to be low while you add the cheese because if it’s too hot, the cheese can clump.
- You should use small broccoli florets. The cheese tends to stick more to bigger pieces.
- Use cheese that is pre-shredded, or add a de-clumping agent. If you shredded a square of cheese yourself, or if your pre-shredded cheddar appears clumpy, hurl it with a little arrowroot powder or cornstarch before adding it to the soup.
- Add the cheese slowly. When you dump all the cheese in, it will form clumps.
- Stir! Stir all the time as you add the cheese.
- Backup plan number 1: Puree it! Use a blender to puree the soup.
- Backup plan number 2: Remove the broccoli first! You can scoop out the broccoli florets and put them aside before including the cheese. Dissolve in the cheese, and include the broccoli back in a short time later.
There it is! If you follow the tips so that your cheese melts well, you will definitely have the most delicious broccoli cheese soup! This simple, low carb soup is sans gluten, SUPER CHEESY and needs only 5 fixings. You can make it in only 20 minutes!
SERVINGS 8 (1 serving=1 cup)
COOKing TIME-20 min
- 4 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 clovesminced Garlic
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- Saute the garlic in a pot over medium heat, until becomes fragrant.
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth, heavy cream, and broccoli. Bring the pot to a boil, and lower the heat and stew for 10-20 minutes until the point when broccoli becomes tender.
- Add the Cheddar while constantly stirring. Keep it at a low stew all the time so you can avoid clumping. Remove it from the heat ehen the cheese is completely melted,
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- Calories 291
- Daily Value
- Total Fat 25g
- Total Carbohydrates 5g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 13g
- Net carbs per serving (1 cup): 4g