People think that they know their bodies and understand all the processes that happen each second. However, our body is very complex and can confuse even the best scientists and doctors.
Therefore, in this article you are going to read some facts about the human body. You will surely be amazed.
21 Amazing Facts About The Human Body That We Never Knew
1. Your sneeze travels with the speed of 160km/h.
2. When you smile you activate 17 facial muscles, and when you cry 43!
3. Each second around 100, 000 chemical reactions happen in the brain.
4. We spend around five years of our life on blinking. Luckily, we can do anything while we blink.
5. One average person eats 33 tons of food in their lifetime.
6. Girls have more taste buds on their tongues than boys.
7. There are 100 pain sensors in 1 cm2 of the skin.
8. Each day our body loses 1 000 000 skin cells.
9. Our heart beats 35 000 000 times per year.
10. The ears grow ¼ mm per year.
11. We can see 10 000 000 colors, but we can’t remember all of them.
12. We have special mites on the lashes called demodex.
13. We breathe in and out around 20, 000 times per day.
14. Our nerves are long around 75km.
15. During one day, the blood travels around 19, 300 km in the body.
16. There are more than 4 blood types, i.e. 29. The rarest blood type can be found in a small group of families in Japan, and belongs to the Bombay subtype.
17. An incoming brain impulse has the speed of 400km/h.
18. Soft, brittle nails which don’t have a moon can show that the person has overactive thyroid.
19. One person contains equal amount of bacteria in their mouth as the number of people living on the Earth.
20. You can hang an apple and hold it with one single hair.
21. Each tongue has its unique print.
We hope that you found this post interesting and you learnt something about the human body!
Be social share!