These six-fixing Almond Bars with Chia Seeds may have an aftertaste like your customary chocolate chip treats, however they’re stuffed with more solid fats and cell reinforcements.
Chia seeds are wholesome powerhouses loaded with fiber and a sound omega-3 to omega-6 unsaturated fats proportion. These seeds are the mystery fixing to keeping the bars eggless! Rather than utilizing eggs, the formula utilizes a “chia egg.” Don’t stress, this part is super basic.
To make the chia egg, consolidate chia seeds with water and let them sit for 5-10 minutes. The chia seeds will douse up the water and start to look like a gel substance. It’s an awesome substitute in case you’re intolerant to eggs or basically need to switch up your eating regimen.
The formula contains ground chia seeds for thickening.
To begin, consolidate all fixings, discarding the “chia egg.” After that, mix in the chia egg into the fixings. Put the batter in a pan, bake it for 20 minutes, and let it cool down for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, make the chocolate sprinkle by softening coconut oil and chocolate. Shower that blend over the bars. Cut into 6 bars (or 12 smaller than normal bars) and eat up instantly while warm.
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 6 bars
Almond Bars with Chia Seeds
- Small bowl
- baking pan8x8
- Double boiler pot
- Parchment paper
For the Bars:
- 1 ½ T ground chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 5 T water
- 1 cup unsalted, creamy almond butter
- ¼ t salt
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t baking soda
For the Drizzle:
- 1 t coconut oil
- 4oz dark chocolate
- For the Bars: Preheat stove to 350°F. Set up a 8×8 skillet with baking paper.
- Put the chia seeds to a little bowl filled with water. Put in the fridge for 10 min to become thick.
- In a bowl, blend vanilla, coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, and almond butter. Next, blend in chia seed blend.
- Put the batter to the skillet. Spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 20 mins. Take it out from the stove and let it cool down for 20 minutes.
- For the Chocolate Drizzle: Take a double boiler and dissolve coconut oil and chocolate until smooth. Stir it to prevent burning.
- Sprinkle the chocolate and some chia seeds on top of the bars.
- Your spatula should be wet so it won’t stick to the batter.
- If you don’t have chia seeds, you can put ground flax.
- If you don’t like the brownies to be that sweet, you should simply use half the measure of the coconut sugar.